Monday, December 18, 2023

A Darkish Poem :-)

In medical news, I had a hip replacement on 11/15. I know what you're thinking: but, Barbara, you're so young! lol Actually, I did bring the average age of recipients down a few notches. Anyway, not fun. While my surgeon said I would be "uncomfortable", my own experience was exponentially more intense. So, I wrote a poem:

                                The Truth Hurts

Having a hip replaced is really quite shocking
From the drug-induced haze to the hideous stockings
While the ultimate goal is to get you walking
The incision is gross and leaves you gawking
The pain's so intense it leaves you squawking
PT is so hard you can't help balking.
So you hide in a corner and just start rocking.
But one day you wake up and your knees have stopped locking
The pain has receded and the blues have stopped knocking
And you smile as you toss those hideous stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment