Monday, December 18, 2023

Ode to My PT :-D

I am healing and doing much better in month 2 after my hip replacement. I'm positively bionic! lol I couldn't have made so much progress without my PT, Marla. Her tough love got me here so I wrote her a poem. Side note, the drugs I was on for pain probably helped my creativity along, just sayin'...


                                ODE TO MY PT

Need PT? Go to Marla, then.
She's the real deal, not a charlatan.
She'll push you to your limit, then up the stakes
Squat, squeeze, stretch and march until your body aches
Tai is on the team and takes you through your paces
She'll just smile if you make a lot of faces.
They do look sorry when they cause you pain
It's part of the process is their refrain.
We who are injured, broken, and lame
Feel like we'll never be the same
But Marla knows how this will end
We will all be on the mend
Like a mother bird pushing chicks from the nest
She teaches us to fly and we do the rest,
"You got this," she says, "just do your best.
One more thing, because you require it
Remember not to walk like a pirate."





No comments:

Post a Comment